Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Blue Horse

I spent some of last week and some of this week working on "Blue Horse" with Jace. It was a really laid back "blue horse" unit with it covering a couple of weeks. Some days we didn't get to it, and that was just fine. With knowing that I would be out of town at the end of this week, I knew I wouldn't be able to fit in a whole section in 3 days, so I spread it out over the last 2 weeks. Many of these activities didn't last long. I found myself getting frustrated with how short they lasted, Jace's lack of attention or desire to do an activity, and I had to remind myself that this is just for him to be exposed to these concepts, not master them. He will have plenty of time to learn that a horse is called a horse and not a "neigh neigh". Until then, we will continue having fun as mom does most of the crafts herself. Haha.

Here is our bin of blue items:
 I left the room for a minute and came back to a very excited Jace exploring the blue bin. On top of the kitchen table.
 We colored with blue crayons, and worked on sticking blue stickers to paper. He is really good with big stickers, but with small ones, he needs some help.
 We made a blue horse using parchment paper and bits of blue streamers.

 Jace played with blue glowsticks in the bathtub. 
 And still no desire to match heads and tails. He just wants to play with the cards.
 We worked on pointing out the correct animal, as well as matching the cartoon animal to the real animal. His attention span for this was non-existent. 
 We used dot markers to color his blue horse!
 He then colored his other picture of a horse with crayons.
We ate lunch out of a blue ice-cube tray!  

 We practiced sorting yellow, red, and blue bears. He knew what to do, but again, after about a minute of this, he was done. But I would hand him a colored bear and he would move it to all the different dots of the same color. 
 We painted with blue paint!
 We made a blue handprint horse. Or I should say, Jace made a blue handprint and mom turned it into a horse. 

 Jace played with blue play-doh!

 We practiced stringing blue beads again this week. We will continue to work on it. :) 
 And this is what he would rather do with the beads...


1 comment:

  1. It all looks like so much fun! And their attention spans can be so spotty. Somethings I am so excited for and Ember could care less or she loves something simple that I had no idea she would enjoy as much as she does. Keep with it, Momma! You are doing great! (I make TONS of crafts on my own too... haha!) I love all your ideas! So many good ones!

    ReplyDelete