Sunday, November 2, 2014

Orange Fish

We have finished our Brown Bear Brown Bear unit!!! YAY!!!! We ended with "Orange Fish", and because it fell the week of Halloween, I incorporated some orange pumpkins into our lesson just to keep it festive. :) This unit really helped me get ideas on what do with Jace, but also helped me remember to keep things realistic, and my expectations low. I am looking forward to doing different weekly units in the weeks to come! With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up in the next couple months, I may take a couple weeks off here and there and just do some Thanksgiving and Christmas crafts! There are just so many fun crafts to do and I may use those weeks to review our colors. Matt and I found that when we ask him to point to a certain color he can do it, but if we ask him "What color is this?" he always responds "red" (except for when things are purple. weird. He knows that one). He has no issues identifying the animals, but he does still like to call them by the sounds that they make. It wasn't until half way through this unit that he really started repeating words, so each week seemed to get better and better to test his comprehension, etc. Tot school should only get easier from here. :) He has developed a love for letters and numbers during this unit, so I will likely try to incorporate those things in and out of other units.

Here was Orange Fish week!

Here was our "Fish" Breakfast. He liked the orange chocolate chip "bubbles" best and as soon as all 5 were gone, I heard "More! More!  More!" from the kitchen. :)

 Here was our bin of orange items.
 Hugs for the pumpkin bear!
 We ate snack in an orange bowl.
 We colored with orange crayons and used orange stickers.
 We read a couple books about orange pumpkins.
 We went on a mini scavenger hunt looking for small orange pumpkins to put in his pumpkin bucket.
 We used an Orange Dot Marker to color his fish. He STILL always trys to eat the dot markers. Perfect.
 We played with orange play-doh.
 I drew 10 orange fish and numbered them on an orange piece of paper and he helped me count them.
 He even wanted to take his fish paper on our walk.
 Jace helped me make chocolate chip cookies with ORANGE chocolate chips. 
 We reviewed all of our colors with this puzzle. 

That was our week! Next week we will be moving on to a unit with the book "Goodnight Moon!" I'm so excited! :) 

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!! You completed the color unit! It sounds like Jace made great great progress but even more importantly ... HAD FUN! And how perfect that this week hit on Halloween! And I am excited to see what you do with "Goodnight Moon" because that is exactly what Ember and I are doing THIS WEEK! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no way! How fun! I am finding that there are so many fun activities to go with this book. I will likely go into the beginning of next week, especially since we missed a day this week. Can't wait to see what fun things you did!

      Delete
  2. I love how he took the fish on the walk! SO silly! Got to love it when things stick and they enjoy them more than 5 minutes! The cookies look like his favorite part! ;)
    Glad Jace seems to be getting the hang of things and has gained a love for letters and numbers! That makes for all the more activities! Thanks for sharing, it's always fun to see what you do and what he does! :)

    ReplyDelete