Tuesday, June 10, 2014

May days!

Here is what we have been up to in May!

Barb and Denny got Jace a trampoline that they keep in the backyard! Yep, a trampoline! It's for all future grandkids! And Jace LOVES it. It reminds me of a dog run, because he literally just wants to run in circles while we run in circles on the outside. It's hilarious. Now that it is starting to warm up, we get the trampoline wet and spray him with the hose while he is on it! It's been a fun outside activity this summer when we are at my in-laws house, which has been almost every weekend.


For Mother's Day and my birthday, we went to church, then to in-law's house for homemade pizza. Before church though, we stopped by Dutch Bros for a free birthday iced tea. Since it was Mother's Day too, they gave us Matt's coffee and my iced tea for free because we had "so many celebrations going on"! One reason why I love Dutch Bros! Later that night, my family came to my house to celebrate birthdays and Mother's Day with my mom! I don't have any pictures from that (they are all on Jenn's camera!).
 I love this pic of Barb and Jace

 Sisters!


Here are some other randoms of Jace swimming and playing at my in-laws house the last few weeks.


 He loves playing with the hose!
Swimming with Uncle Marcus.
We didn't have his suit, so naked it is! This picture just cracked me up!


While Jace napped at my in-laws one day, Matt and I went to the Starbucks up the street for an afternoon date. Starbucks and cards! This is seriously one of my favorite things to do. Sit in a coffee shop and play cards. :) It's a very cheap date. :)

Reading books with Grammy!


On Memorial Day, we got a blow-up pool for our backyard and we played outside for a bit. Jace didn't love the pool as much as I was hoping. But we will keep trying.

 His hair is getting lighter and lighter every time we cut it. It has turned from dark brown to light brown/dirty blonde depending on how clean it is. Haha. I'm not too surprised since he took after Matt with so many of his features. 
 How did I have such a pale baby??





We watched Blake and Kade last week so that Matt and Jenn could go to their small group. The boys loved singing "My God is so big". My son gets too shy to face us when he wants to do the hand motions, so more times than not, he turns around and does them. haha.


National Donut Day for a free donut! YAY!

 He seriously has so many faces. I have never seen such an animated kid.




So I found a new group that we have been listening to a lot of! They are called "The Rizers" and it is simply Bible verses in song form. They have some music videos on YouTube that Jace LOVES! He loves to dance to the songs. It makes my heart so happy to see him loving these songs that are just Bible verses and truth! They have 21 songs, and I'm excited to start memorizing verses through these songs too. Good for my heart as much as it is for his. It is our new car sound track. Anything to expose him to God's Word. Plus the tunes are super catchy and Matt and I keep finding ourselves singing them throughout the day. Haha. This is him dancing to one of the songs.

Not a whole lot else going on currently. Just enjoying watching Jace grow! He is starting to mimic words when we ask him to say something. Granted, they don't sound exactly like the word, but he attempts it, which is great. He has learned to say the names of some of our family members, and some random words. Some words I would only know because they sound nothing like the word (Smoothie=Moomoo, Up=ba, All Done=Gaga… but I know he thinks he is saying the words, because those words are the same each time!). He knows many animal sounds (Cow, sheep, dog, cat, tiger, chicken, duck, bee, monkey, horse). He has mastered his shape sorter and can do some chunky puzzles by himself now. His attention span lasts all of 3 minutes at best, so that makes it challenging. But that's just his character! When we say the word "Jesus" he folds his hands to pray (apparently we must say "Dear Jesus" a lot when we pray) and whenever we say the word "God" he does the 'so big' sign with his hands (from the song our God is so big!). We never taught him to do those things, so it's been reassuring to realize that he is in fact hearing what we are saying and taking some of it in, whether he makes it look like he is or not. He LOVES to dance and he has a few songs that are his favorite. He loves "Uno Uno Seis" which is from a Christian rapper--he comes running into the room when that song comes on and just goes nuts! Other than that, He's just a little climber who is into everything and hates discipline (in fact, he found our swat stick and threw it in the trash when I wasn't looking!) 

But we sure do love him and we praise God for the opportunity to raise him! It's so sanctifying raising a child.
I am so thankful for my family! I've been blessed beyond what I deserve!
 This is what he figured out he can do if he doesn't want to take a picture. 
Take 2!






2 comments:

  1. Oh I love all of this!! That trampoline looks like a blast and YES! Water is a must during a PHX summer! I will have to check out that band with the Bible verses. We have alot of the Steve Green "Hide Them in Your Heart" songs that Ally and I listened to when we were little but I am always looking for more! Thanks for posting! I always love to see what you guys are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed that post! You always crack me up how you describe Jace! He has quite the personality! Love all the playing in the hose and pool pictures! What fun for the little guys! We just got a hose, so I will have to turn it on for Ryken and let him play in the mud...since we don't have grass yet! :) A trampoline for the grandkids..how fun is that! :) I love that picture of Bard and Jace too! So sweet! The boys singing looked fun, but I couldn't hear them! :( Yay for donuts! Oh the rod in the trash! :/ Well he doesn't like it - so it is effective in one sense! Love that last picture! What a sweet stinker he is! Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete