Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Habakkuk 3:17-19

Matt sent me these verses this morning. So great for my heart, as we move onto the cycle that will cause us to hit the year mark for trying to get pregnant.

"Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places."

I am really struggling to find the joy in this. But I certainly am trying to shepherd my heart in that direction.

As excited as I am about adoption (and I am REALLY excited about this journey), it doesn't take away the desire to be pregnant. Each month that we don't get pregnant is still hard. I found out today that we have been assigned to a caseworker at CFC (Christian Family Care)! YAY! ….but she is out of town for the next two weeks. I just want to jump full in to this process, and at every turn I seem to have to wait. I broke down in tears over this reality that nothing seems to be happening quickly for me. I sound so impatient, and I am! I am having to work overtime in shepherding my heart back to contentment. I'm struggling.

Anyways, just a rough day here. I want my heart to be like these verses… "rejoice(ing) in the Lord" especially when things aren't going the way I desire.

2 comments:

  1. Will be praying the same prayer for you! Love you!
    Praise God for being assigned to a caseworker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These verses are some of my favorite verses but also some that reveal one of my great struggles as well! It is so so hard to rejoice in the Lord and take joy in God when things are not going as we plan or want! Take heart, Steph! God absolutely WILL COME THROUGH! And it will be so much better than you imagined. I am consistently praying for you and Matt!

    ReplyDelete